Light and Salt Association received funding for Year 3 of their ASPIRE grant to conduct and implement advocacy activities to promote cancer prevention and screening and reduce e-cigarette use among Asian-American youth. They are recruiting 5 individuals to learn how to become effective advocates for the Asian American Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander community.
· Asian ethnicity
· 16-26 years old
· Able to speak, read, and write English well
· Demonstrated interest or experience in community health work
· Flexible schedule to complete training and advocacy activities which end September, 2021
· Willing to promote and align with the mission of the Light and Salt Association
· Being fluent in another language is a plus
What are the benefits?
· Training sessions on how the government works, how policy decisions are made and how to interact effectively with elected officials and regulatory agencies, may include virtual tours of the Texas Capitol, Washington, DC, City Hall, County Government
· Hands-on involvement in the advocacy process, culminating in actual products
· Valuable addition to your resume or college application portfolio
· A stipend of $1,000 upon successful completion of activities and project
To apply, complete the attached application and submit it (plus your resume)to Loretta Tse at Light and Salt Association at email@example.com by December 31, 2020